Thursday, June 5, 2008

gateway to india


I safely arrived in Mumbai last night. It's very hot and I'd forfotten how it feels. At the airport yesterday, I was welcomed by an array of familiar smells and scents that remainded me of my last visit, 8 years ago.
The city is strangely relaxing despite all the buzzing of cars, passers by and shoppers on the sidewalk stalls that laden the streets. It seems to be as easy to chat to people as it is to be on my own.
Meanwhile, last night's feeling of having arrived to another galaxy started to disappear this morning as I explored the hotel surroundings. Likewise, the anxiety I experienced in finding myself in an empty, sterile, air conditioned hotel room seems now like a natural reaction that won't be bothering me again. The future strikes me as very promising. The journey has begun...

No comments: