Wednesday, June 25, 2008

sleep well, good night and don't let the...

bedbugs!?... so it seems i have been having some nightly visits but not the good kind. it actually took me a while to figure out which kind of crawling bug had left its trace on me. it was only after explaining the symptoms - patterns of very itchy bites that start off tiny and expand every day - to other fellow travellers that i actually found out what had bit me. however, i'm still not sure i know what bedbugs are. i thought they were mythical creatures that existed only to frighten small children and make them tuck in snuggly in their beds. like the bogeyman. i hope i don't get bitten by the bogeyman, though...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a similar problem in Rio, I had to phone my mum to ask if i'd had chicken pox, and friends teased me that it was dengue!!!!

Found this informational video handy however, in dispelling the main myths:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpkTC3bs4Cg&feature=related

Unknown said...

Link should say 'related' on the end. ps. apparently they are simply 'beddy buggies' in Brazil, which I find hilarious. X

bertrand said...

Elodie and I just had same dots on our legs, arms and back after sleeping in a bus. It was itching for 5 five days, but now it is almost gone.

We arrived at the same conclusion : bedbugs...
I hope they won't follow you... sometimes they do.

Bertrand

ana said...

thanks guys, for the info and the moral support. i've solved it with anti-histamine, though, and there's barely a trace of the bites now.